Do You Believe in Ghosts?
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Indelible Mark
Do You Believe in Ghosts?
No Price Tag
Boomer Humor
Gem #2 - Tea

Categories

A Novel Idea
Boomer Humor
Boomerang!
Insights Here and There
On Romantic Comedies
Sixty for Sixty
The Next Big Thing
What's New
powered by

My Blog

Do You Believe in Ghosts?

With my new book, Restless Spiritdue to release soon, I've been thinking about ghosts. As a true Scorpio, I've had a life-long fascination.  Do you  believe?  Have you ever had an unearthly visitor?
     Back when I was a kid, my cousin, Donna, and I spent many a time with a Ouija Board planted between us with our pre-teen fingers pressed onto the triangular device that was supposed to move by some spooky energy to reveal cryptic messages.  We loved it even though, yeah all right, we were the ones moving the device.  The messages were poignant to the circumstances of our lives at the time.  (Yes, the Ouija said, the boy I liked did indeed like me back. Yes, it was true that Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders was lonely like Teen Beat Magazine had revealed, and yes, he did get my letter.) Innocent fun.
     Donna and I constructed tents using blankets slung over a clothesline and secured with rocks onto the redwood picnic benches from Donna's backyard dining set.  Her younger brother, Ralphie, was not allowed inside our tent, nor was my annoying little sister, Bethy, despite their protestations. We waited until dark some summer nights and with flashlights we sat in our special, though makeshift, place and made up ghost stories that scared us silly.  Every little noise made us jump and screech, the sound of the wind messing with the leaves on trees in her yard, the crunch of tires when a car drove along the side road.  Even the sudden song of Mr. Softie's approaching ice cream truck made us scream, perhaps cementing true the old adage.
     But, beyond those days, my impression of ghosts and their existence has changed.  The experiences I've had are not the made-up stuff of tween girls.  No.  What has happened to me in my adult life in regard to ghosts has been more like having a radio with its power button turned on.  Being open to the reception of such other worldly visits has manifested some things that even my skeptic husband can't refute.  Dreams of my father giving me messages, the sudden appearance of a cardinal outside my window, the television changing channels on its own and landing on a station where a little girl is asking her father if he's okay.  A memento turning up in a new place.  Things like that.  Coincidences?  Some might say yes.  I say, no way. How about you?

9 Comments to Do You Believe in Ghosts?:

Comments RSS
Barbara Kinnecom on Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:52 PM
Our ghosts are like angels who have left us too soon.
Reply to comment

Sharon Morell on Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:45 PM
The first Mother's Day after my Mom passed away, I was drawn to the display of Mother's Day cards in the card store. I picked one particular card up and as I was reading it I suddenly felt a presence surrounding me. I can't swear it was Mom or a ghost but I remember running out of the card store, getting into my car and calling Dad and telling him about the experience saying I think Mom just paid me a visit. It was a feeling and an experience that I had never felt before.
Reply to comment

MK on Friday, May 01, 2015 11:26 AM
Sharon, I am so sure that you were visited by your mom that day. I have felt that same sensation from my Dad. Thanks for sharing! MK

Irene on Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:44 PM
I do believe in ghosts. A ghost saved my life once. They can exist but they cannot harm a living being...unlike stories in books and on the tube. Please, stay away from Ouija boards!
Reply to comment

MK on Friday, May 01, 2015 11:27 AM
Irene, I'd love to talk with you about your experience. And, trust me, no more Ouija! Thanks for the comment. MK

Carol Gogel on Thursday, April 30, 2015 8:18 PM
ok, MaryKate, I must say that since my sister passed away, there has been a lot of energy passing through my dreams, and the energy stems from my mom, my uncles, my dad and I have heard my sister's voice, but have not seen her yet. My family, especially the women, I believe are gifted with psychic abilities. It is entertaining to me to relive the dreams, but it also is exhausting, as I wake up so tired. I am looking forward to your book, and the way you look at it.
Reply to comment

MK on Friday, May 01, 2015 11:25 AM
Barb, Don't we know it, huh? I think about the night at Bethy's when the YaYa sign was turned around.

MK on Friday, May 01, 2015 11:29 AM
Carol, Thanks for the comment. I totally believe in the meaning of all that energy you've experienced. MK

Paris Pallis on Friday, May 01, 2015 1:03 PM
My mom and dad both made their presence known with my brother Van being so ill. I KNOW they are working with God to help save my brother!!
Reply to comment