BOOMERANG
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Indelible Mark
Do You Believe in Ghosts?
No Price Tag

Sixty for Sixty
The Next Big Thing
What's New
powered by

My Blog

BOOMERANG

One of the synonyms for the word boomerang is rebound.  Being a member of the largest generation on the planet, the Baby Boomers, I've decided to call this series of articles Boomerang.  One day this feisty group to which I belong was known as the free love generation, the ones that asked if you were "going to San Francisco", those that reminded each other to "wear a flower in your hair." We stood for change, independence, freedom, non-conformity.  We walked to  the beat of our own drummer, one named Ringo. And now? Well...now we're on the cover of AARP, our medicine cabinets store more than multi-vitamins, our hair is streaked with silver, and we wear maginifying glasses to read our screens.  Yet, I  believe we have a choice here, boomer buddies.  We need not lament this stage of our time here on earth.  We ruled the '60's and now, well, we are pushing toward sixty candles on our birthday cakes, if we haven't already.  I say we rule THESE '60's as well.  Get ready for a series of fun with thoughts on us now.  First up:  "Adventures in the Dress Department."  Coming soon!

6 Comments to BOOMERANG:

Comments RSS
Barbara Kinnecom on Monday, May 20, 2013 11:26 AM
Yes, who would have believed we would be at 60 so quickly. I remember Cedar Knolls Schools and Mr. Bruno. I also remember going home during the air raid drills and teachers telling us to crouch under our wooden desks. Thank God we never had to use those lessons. But despite the quick passage of time, I wouldn't change a single thing. I also look forward to what is to come especially with my friends and family by my side.
Reply to comment

M. Kate Quinn on Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:33 PM
Thanks for the comment, Barbara!

Carol Garvey Gogel on Monday, May 20, 2013 1:22 PM
This could not come at a better time, MK. We are getting older, it is true, and things hurt from now and then, but it is attitude that will make the ride more enjoyable. Looking forward to your posts. love humorous stories about aging. Only someone that is a 50 something or 60 something can appreciate this!
Reply to comment

M. Kate Quinn on Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:34 PM
Hey, Carol, good to hear from you. Thanks for posting a comment!

Stacey Wilk on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:13 AM
MK, I remember a few years back seeing Bruce Springsteen on the cover of AARP. Your generation has made growing older cool and I thank you for that! I was born six years after the end of the Baby Boomer generation which makes me a Gen Xer, but my grays are coming in fast and furious too. Late nights end at 10 now, and sadly a few of my brethren are also reaching for the reading spectacles. Thanks for the laughs. I can always count on you!
Reply to comment

M. Kate Quinn on Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:33 PM
Thanks for the post, Stacey!