Victoria at Sea
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Indelible Mark
Do You Believe in Ghosts?
No Price Tag

The Next Big Thing
What's New
powered by

My Blog

Victoria at Sea

.Hi Everyone,

I'm trying something new and I thought I'd get your feedback.  As you know, I write romantic comedies.  I'm a hopeless romantic at heart.

But, I was also born under the sign of Scorpio.  Any of you fellow scorpians out there know we tend to like the mysterious, the unexplained, the spiritual world, tarot, seances, ghosts, and all that's spooky.

So, I had this dream that won't leave me alone and thought I'd make it into a story.  I'm sharing it with all of you as it comes to me.

Here is where we begin:

The room was stark, the air filmy like a veil had been placed in front of his eyes.  Mitch blinked.  Shadowy figures moved about the room, he heard a murmering of low chatter, words too soft to decipher.
        "Give it time, Mitch," he heard someone annunciate.  "You're eyes will adjust."
        "Who said that?"  He rubbed his eyes with his fists.
         His fists moved away from his eyes, his vision suddenly clear.  A man sat at a broad, clean desk made of white marble.  He looked like a cheerleader in a white turtlenecked sweater bearing a large red "H" on the chest.  Where the hell was he?
        A woman stood at the man's side, a tall thin blonde wearing dark-rimmed glasses low on an aristocratic nose.  She too wore the foolish "H" adorned sweater.
       "Where the hell am I?" Mitch bellowed, his voice ricocheting off the frosted glass walls.  His eys scanned his surroundings.  Everything was white and everyone wore the same damn sweater.
       The blonde and the man at the desk shared a look.  Her lips pursed and the man shook his head.  "Now, Mitch, you sound grumpy."
        "Answer my question.  What is this place?"
        "You don't know?"  The woman asked, her airy voice feathered with doubt.  She clicked her teeth.
        "Romona, give him time.  He'll remember."
        "Remember what?"  Mitch demanded.
        "The accident," the man said as though Mitch were the crazy one.

8 Comments to Victoria at Sea:

Comments RSS
Elaine on Monday, September 03, 2012 6:30 PM
Since you put it out there for my eyes to see, I guess you have to finish it. I can't wait to hear about this dream, and I MUST know more!! I am guessing the H is for "hell". What kind of life did Mitch have before he arrived there, or where ever he is. I'll bet a woman was involved.
Reply to comment

Debbie on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 7:25 PM
Oh please write more.....I have been looking every few months for a new book from you! I have read all three of your books and just loaned another one today to my sister because she had only read two of them and she was so excited. And I think the "H" is for Heaven or at least that is what I am hoping. I lost my husband on the 4th of July last year and I have been needing one of your books for my afternoon quiet moments. One of my favorite memories was when he would come in the room when I was reading one of your books and laughing myself silly....he would always say, "you must be reading one of her books again". You have such a great writing style and put into the written words the things that often swirl in our heads! I cannot wait for your next book!!!
Reply to comment

MK on Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:08 PM
Hi Debbie, I can't tell you how much your email has meant to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. My next book, the first in a new series, should be available sometime this spring. "Letters and Lace" is the first installment of the "Ronan's Harbor Series." It's another small town romantic comedy with lots of heart and some good laughs. I hope you'll enjoy it. Again, thank you for writing, Marykate M. Kate Quinn

Debbie on Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:40 PM
Marykate, I am so excited that your new book will be out in the spring......OMG and when you said it was the Ronan's Harbor Series, I know that means more than one book.....how exciting! I just shared another one of your books with a friend this week. The last one I shared got read in one day because that is how great you are at writing...no one wants to put the book down. I cannot wait to read your next book. Thank you so much for responding!

beijing guide on Friday, May 17, 2013 5:55 PM
I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% positive. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply to comment

utcarnala1980 blog on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:21 AM

One thing we want to say is that the canceling of Jewelry is feared . so if you're doing the most beneficial things like a adult you must get one. some individuals notice that actually the level of life is straight down by without Jewelry . One more time to thank you for the theme shared through your blog.

Reply to comment

Boxing Gloves on Friday, June 21, 2013 2:21 PM
ycgalkos boxing gloves USA waealimq http://calendar.sbu.edu/everlast.html
Reply to comment

Katie Hunt on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:03 AM
Thanks with regard to transporting your own time for you to discuss this, my partner and i am strongly Concerning this AS WELL AS love learning added for this topic. if possible, Just as people gain expertise, would you mind updating ones blog in additional information? This is extremely handy intended for me.
Reply to comment